Friday 23 May 2014

Connections in our Communities. What happens when consumers have non functional literacy?

I presented this paper during the week at the Speech Pathology Australia conference in Melbourne.
It was wonderful to see a greater interest from all sectors in this area.

I have tried to upload a pdf of the paper to my blog here, without success. Please email me if you would like to view it before it goes onto my website.

Below are some of the links to the resources I showed in my paper.
There are many more examples both nationally and internationally. Please contact me if there is a particular topic you need.

 I would be happy to talk with you, your organisations and the people you support about how to implement Easy English.


Cathy
Cathy Basterfield
Speech Pathologist
Access Easy English
0466 579 855

Some resources from Speech Pathology Australia conference paper, 2014. 
 United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with a Disability 2006.                                         Plain Language     Easy Read
Secret Girls and Boys Business - Australian publication on puberty and changes.
Voices against Violence Research reports.    Easy English  

No comments:

Post a Comment