With just a few days before the PLAIN conferencehttp://www.plain2013.org/ it is good to think about how our life experiences and culture can have an impact on the choice of images.
Below are some examples of images I have seen in Canada. These make clear sense for Canadians who drive. Are these images relevant for Easy English? Would they make sense for the reader?
· Think about the relevance for people who do not drive?
· What images would an Australian audience need?
· What animal images would be clear for Canadians?
· What animal images would be clear for Australians?
· Are there any images which could be used in either country, no matter the person’s nationality, life experience or cultural background?
|What animal is this?|
|Have you seen this roadsign in Australia?|
|What does this road sign mean? What would be different in Australia?|
This sign was at a crossroads.Canada has 2 official languages;English and French.
Have you sign any Australian signs written in 2 languages?
Talk to Cathy about how to select images for your Easy English documents
0466 579 855